Tuesday 31 March 2015

FOTD | FT. CHARLOTTE TILBURY MATTE REVOLUTION LIPSTICK



Today I thought that I would dedicate a post to the beaut that is the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in the shade Sexy Sienna, which I was lucky enough to win in an Instagram competition.  I felt extra lucky because I was sent Sexy Sienna, a warm peachy orange shade which would have been the next lipstick I purchased from the Matte Revolution collection as I find oranges suit my skin tone best.  

The lipstick applies really well, which is helped by the angled shape of the product as it traces perfectly round the shape of your lips..if that makes sense!  The formula is quite creamy yet the finish is matte (clue in the name!) and the colour payoff is fantastic.  As you can see it is really pigmented and the colour is an orange/peach shade that is perfect for summer.  Obviously the packaging cannot be ignored, and if the product itself isn't enough to sell it, then the beautiful rose gold design is!  I love rose gold, and these lipsticks just look so beautiful on my dressing table that's it's almost worth getting them for that alone (almost!).

This range is branded as being able to create the look of fuller lips, which is a bold claim but somehow it works, and I think that my lips definitely look more shapely - especially my top lip - but I can't really explain how!  These lipsticks are definitely a treat at £24 each, but in my opinion they are totally worth it and earn their value.  

Have you tried any of the Matte Revolution lipsticks?  What do you think of them? xx




SHARE:

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte Tilbury packaging is so glam.
    This shade looks lovely on you.
    50 shades of liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful here! I just picked up CT So Marilyn and i'm completely obsessed with it; I think I may have to pick up this shade next!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH. I've never seen a shade like this. It's so gorgeous! It's like an orangey nude and I love it :)

    doitfortheirony.com / creative + lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange/coral shades on you! How lucky that you won this, bet you were well pleased! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must try some Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks. There is a gaping hole in my collection! The shade really suits you, and yes I totally agree that it does somehow make your lips fuller, in the most flattering way!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love how beautifully packaged the lipsticks are from CT. You really suit this shade too xx

    Through New Eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This doesn't look like I expected it too, but its stunning. Gorgeous packaging too!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them I and now reply to every one :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Sarah | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig